Big Dad Big Dream

Last night my dad was in my dream. People were moving in and out of our lake cabin and everyone was happy to see my dad, but not in a "you've risen from the dead!" kind of way so much as a "oh, cool you're back. We missed you." kind of way. He laughed at me when I was playfully pushed off a dock into the lake, and later in the dream he told me, "Your sister hasn't given me a job yet for her wedding, but I know it's coming." Throughout the dream, I tried to get his attention so I could ask him, "Can you see us when you're not here? Do you know what our lives are like now?" but I woke up without an answer.

I miss him still, so much, especially now as I help AKL plan her wedding without a father to walk her down the aisle. I'm so grateful for dreams like last night though--to hear his voice and his laugh and to imagine that he's somewhere watching and waiting for his instructions for Allison's big day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game