Songs for My Father

In the almost 10 years that have passed since I lost my dad, I've missed him in big moments like graduations and cross-country moves. Even more so, though, I've missed him in the small moments, like those that fall within the length of a song. Sharing music with my dad was one of the most defining aspects of our relationship and on the last Father's Day that I spent with him, I gave him a burned CD with new music I thought he'd love. Together we listened to the whole thing 2 times through. Now, almost a decade after we lost him, in moments of melody and melancholy when I hear a song I know he'd love, I file it away hoping to get to share it will him again some how.

Here are some songs for my father:

S.O.B.--Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats
Wasting Time--Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats
Find Yourself--Lukas Nelson
If We Were Vampires--Jason Isbell
You're Gonna Live Forever In Me--John Mayer
Most of All--Brandi Carlile
The Eye--Brandi Carlile
If It Hadn't Been For Love--The Steeldrivers
My God Has a Telephone--The Flying Stars of Brooklyn NY
Runnin Just in Case--Miranda Lambert
Vice--Miranda Lambert
River--Leon Bridges
All Your Favorite Bands--Dawes
Kocaine Karolina--Elle King
Mr Jukes--Grant Green ft. Charles Bradley
Smoke--Luke Levenson ft. YEBBA
From Eden--Hozier



https://open.spotify.com/user/123164557/playlist/3j5kbt4GFDFMohhyycluah?si=nDz7ADfaSBuMh27PFHlD7Q










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"