Time Capsule

I've been re-reading old drafts of blog posts and journal entries, and I've both cackled in laughter and wept bitter tears at stories that I had written but didn't deem worthy of sharing. I'm going to try to be better at that, starting with this little guy I wrote 1 month before leaving New York City.
"Half of me is so excited about and hopeful for my new life in CO. I daydream about a new apartment containing shelves filled with every book I own, at least 8 thriving houseplants, and an over-sized arm chair in a sun-kissed corner. I imagine myself driving in my jeep--music blaring--finally able to sing out loud. I think about having a career again--not just a job, but a place where I can do the work I think I was meant to do. I long for a job title without the word "assistant" in it. I fantasize about having a bank account that contains a bigger positive number than a negative one, and because of that, the ability to travel and give and host. I dream about having a new community of friends/family, maybe a dog, maybe a bearded mountain man who will read and play music for me. I am so ready for a fresh start and a new space [...]"
2018 Update:
Bookshelves: Check
Jeep: Check
Career: Check
8 thriving houseplants: Define "thriving"...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"