Things I'm Thankful For:

  • Coffee, more specifically the large cup of goodness that I get every morning from the coffee cart outside the hospital. It's the best coffee I've ever had ( no exaggeration) and it's $1.50.
  • My IUD! Man, that baby hurt when she was put in, but she's given me such freedom and most importantly a headache-free life.
  • Gchat and the ability to talk so frequently to my BFF + librarian who lives thousands of miles away.
  • My nephew pup Rufus for providing me so much Snapchat entertainment
  • When things I love go on sale (looking at you, Anthropologie)
  • My mandolin and all who supported my music making endeavor, most notably CS for letting me borrow her mandy, AM for buying me a brand new one when CS's ended up being damaged, and Domino the dog (or rather his owners) for paying me the exact amount of mandy lessons to dogsit for a week in September. You'll all be included in my Grammy's speech.
  •  Black olives--the perfect snack!
  • All of the new emojis! I don't even need to explain this one, do I?
  • #KabinKidz
  • My family, the ones that live in the Midwest and share blood with me and the ones that have never been to the Midwest but share bottles of wine with me. I'm thankful to be friends with my family and feel like family with my friends.
  • That I live in a country that allows same-sex-marriage and birth control. Though we have a long way to go, I'm privileged to have more freedoms than most.
  • Tinder adventures, the good and the bad, for introducing me to dudes I would have never met otherwise. There is value in that, even if I have to pay for my own drink.
  • All the things that make me laugh
  • Brooklyn and all the weird, smelly, interesting, creative, hip and unhip characters that inhabit it.
  • Wifi
  • Every time I get a seat on the subway
  • The hike that LS took me on in Colorado in October. I'll forever be thankful for that hike.
  • Lena Dunham
  • My work wife for sharing Pad Thai with me and always bringing me a 5 cent mini reeses when she goes to the giftshop.
  • My astronaut space pen that never lets me down.  
  • Leftovers
  • Far Rockaway and the setting for 100% of my oceanic experiences.  
  • The friends that have picked me up and put me back together this year. For listening to me while I cried, wondered, deliberated, mourned, and eventually healed. For being there for me for every part of the falling in and out of love process. For being the true loves of my life.
Most of all, I'm just thankful to be around for another year, to spend another November (now December) surrounded by the people I love. Having a job at a cancer hospital makes me feel so grateful just to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"