December.. whoops!

I'm alive! I'm alive!!

I know, this poor baby blog has been gathering cobwebs the past month or so, and I'm so sorry [mom, my one reader]. I really hope to pick this back up, and drop by more regularly to scribble down some quotes, lessons, laughs, and stories.

December stuff that I remember:

In December I went back to South Dakota for a week for Christmas celebrating and family/friend reuniting. I had a cold most of the time I was home, but it was a great excuse to stay snuggled inside my mom's cozy home with cats and Christmas treats. My mom, sister, and I watched movies on the couch almost every single night, and cats Simon and Garfunkel made themselves at home on piles of thick blankets on our laps. It was perfect.

One South Dakota Friday night, I packed up and drove a couple of hours in a snow storm to Sioux Falls, SD for a night with my college crew (most, but not all of college crew). It was so great to see, squeeze, and sip with so many old, good friends. Several girlfriends drove late into the night in horrible weather just to sit in a Holiday Inn hotel bar with me as I gushed and vented about the respective highs and lows of big city living. We talked babies and heartbreak and the trauma that is writing a dissertation. That night I wanted to be no where else but that Holiday Inn hotel bar with those women. The bartender shut the lights off on us at 2AM and we just kept talking. It was the best thing.

My last full day in SoDak before flying back to the city, I got one of the worst migraines of my life. I was sick for 11 hours, and finally around 10PM, my mom and sister helped me put on boots and my coat and took me to the ER. There's no need for me to go into detail, but it was a long, hard, painful experience. I got home from the ER at 4AM and then flew back to BK later that morning. It wasn't a great way to end the week, but I have never been so glad to have my mom there to take care of me. I love my mom. I hate my migraines.

New Year's Eve was great and small and with some of my best BK friends. I drank seltzer water and danced in RC's living room while the rest played an epic drinking game called "Rage Cage." Before midnight, we took a cab to a bar and stood outside with giant confetti poppers that unexpectedly sounded like gunshots. It was not ideal. At midnight, there were many kisses, but I saved mine for the next day with JE. On New Year's Day, after an 18 hour delayed 2-person countdown, we had our real NYE kiss while listening to Old Lang Syne playing on my phone right next to us. It was a great end of 2014 and even better start to 2015.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"