Thorns and Blossoms

In an effort to focus less on the thorns of life and more on the blossoms, I'm going to take inventory on all the things that I have to be grateful for. I'm in such a rut, and this is me giving myself a crab-ervention. I have get it together. My life actually rulz.

Eff the thorns
These are my blossoms:
  • I have two big windows in my bedroom with a view of Brooklyn backyards and giant maple trees. I fall asleep to stars and wake to the sun.
  • This blog lets me blow of steam and save and share little nuggets of beauty, wisdom, and humor. It gives me a voice when I feel like no one really hears me.
  • I don't have any lethal allergies or terminal illnesses, and all my limbs are exactly where they are supposed to be.
  • Riding my bike makes me feel free.
  • GG and I collaborate on a monthly Spotify playlist that gives me a fresh start and soundtrack to each month. This makes my commute/life significantly better.
  • I was raised by a mother and father who loved each other. They bickered but they also grabbed each other's butts in the kitchen when they thought no one was looking. They weren't perfect, but they accepted that and loved the hell out of each other anyway. I'm lucky to have seen what this kind of love looks like.
  • The greatest donut shop in the tri-state area is 5 blocks from my apartment.
  • My job lets me leave right at 5:00 on the dot.--this is practically unheard of in this city.
  • I am loved by so many kick ass, talented, lovely human beings.
  • I have a dishwasher!
  • I have been hugged and kissed by 6 of my 8 great-grandparents. 4 of my grandparents are still alive, and I get to squeeze them at least one holiday a year.
  • KS got me a great rate at my gym!
  • I live in a city with live music somewhere every night. EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I feel about live music the way I do about taxi cabs. It's an expense I can't afford every night, but it's always there when I need it.
  • My roommate's boyfriend sells wine, and our fridge is miraculously always full of it. They share!
  • I am a part of some seriously hilarious mass text chains. There is nothing quite like opening my phone to 22 new texts about some guy who sweats the bed.
  • Chia seeds, you guys. Chia seeds. I am so thankful for chia seeds.
  • I know I can always go home. If I blow all my money or get fired or evicted or hurt, I know that I can always always go home. Home is my mom, a lumpy bed in my old bedroom, my junky jeep, our cats Simon and Garfunkel. At the end of the day, there is always home. I'm so grateful for that.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"