JG on Monday Night

On Monday night after work I meet JG and her Aussie travel buddy at one of my fav Union Square spots. We sat outside, drank beers, and talked about the big (and not so big) things in our lives. JG shared a hilarious story about a tandem bike on her wedding day, and I told her about my nannying adventures with three little monsters. I smiled the whole time.

JG is someone who I met at the end of my college career. We didn't take the same classes. We didn't have the same social circle. We never lived together or traveled together or graduated together or any of those typical things that friends go through that make their friendship solid. Yet, JG and I are solid. I talk to her without effort; my insides pour out because she's such an attentive listener and a thoughtful participant in conversation. I hope she feels that way too, because I'm eager to hear about her life and her heart and her day-to-day goings on.

After drinks and plantain chips and guacamole, JG and her friend headed uptown to catch a Broadway show, I walked the long way to my downtown train. I thought about how glad I am to have friends like JG who can pop into my life with a week or a day or an hour's notice and just be with me, making me smile the whole time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"