Some Stuff That's Happening

Sunday night I went to a Golden Globes/Girls (Golden Girls) party with my gals and gays (so many G's!) at CH's apartment in Park Slope. KS brought puppy chow (the snack, not the actual thing), and I brought grapes. We laughed, we gasped, we covered our faces in second-hand embarrassment. It was awesome. For the next 24 hours I considered: "What's your favorite utensil?"and I tried to style my hair like Emma Watson. I wish all Sundays could end that way.

I watched the movie Prince Avalanche last weekend with Emile Hirsch and Paul Rudd. I mean they were in the movie; I didn't watch it with them. This is why sentence structure is important you guys. In the film, the two characters have the esteemed duty of painting yellow stripes on the highway. They placed reflector tags on the road too, and I realized that when I was little, I thought these tags were filled with paint and they squirted out paint to make the lines. Actually I thought this is what happened until that exact moment of the movie when I realized that I was wrong. They are not paint filled pockets at all! My movie-watching comrade laughed at me, and he said we could put mustard packets on the road if it would make me feel better. I think it would.

I finally got rain boots! And not just any rain boots! HUNTER rain boots! It is so liberating it is to know that I can go outside in the rain and I won't immediately be walking in sogginess for the rest of the day. Now I purposely walk through mud puddles BECAUSE. I. CAN. I can't begin to tell you how badass this makes me feel. Kind of like Jesus.

My roommates and a couple of their friends have started watching the latest season of the The Bachelor, and though I don't actively partake in the viewing, I have watched them watch while I chop vegetables for dinner, and it's a real hoot. They have a pool going of who will win, so they get excited when one of their "girls" gets a one-on-one date or a rose or whatever the "prize" is. It makes me think that this is what fantasy football is like, but I'm not quite sure. They also have a drinking game in which they take a drink every time there is a hot tub date or a premature declaration or a scene with gel lighting.  Basically this means they drink the whole entire show. It's really the best way to get through any dating experience: 'real' or otherwise.

I booked two flights this week and neither of them were to South Dakota! This makes me feel like such a jet setter! In a few weeks I'm going to San Francisco to see GG, whom I haven't seen in over a year and a half. Frankly, this is unacceptable. I got so excited about booking the flight that I accidentally booked it for a month long instead of a weekend. Whoops! Luckily, I was able to reverse it before it was too late. God bless immediate cancellation policies. My other flight is for April when I get to go to Denver to see my mom, sister, and LS. I've never been to Denver, but it's a strong contender for the next city in my timeline, so fingers crossed I love it as much as everyone says I will. Flights and cities aside, I'm so looking forward to some quality time with some of the people I love and miss most.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"