On the Menu


I hope that I can explain this properly...

My friend LJ was recently a bridesmaid in a wedding in California, and she and one of the groomsmen really hit it off. The groomsman had a girlfriend at the time, and he lived on the opposite side of the country as LJ, so their wedding time together was both platonic and short-lived. After the wedding, the groomsman broke up with his girlfriend, and he told a friend of his (the groom) that even though he knew a future with LJ wasn't in the cards, meeting her had made him realize what kind of person he really wanted to be with. Like, he hadn't known that a person with all the qualities he wanted really existed, and then there LJ was, just being her amazing self, and he had this grand realization that the kind of person he is looking for actually exists. Ah-ha!

I loved when LJ told me this story (and in such a humble, 'here's what we can take from this' kind of way) because I totally have had that same experience. Though it happens rarely and always completely out of the blue, I've meet men, real men, who have qualities and exhibit behaviors that make me realize that "oh, this kind of person really does exist." It's like flipping over a menu and realizing that I can actually have what I've been craving. It's an option after all! Maybe I only meet him once or maybe he has a girlfriend and maybe nothing ever will happen that particular great guy, but that isn't the point. The point is: there is HOPE. In the midst of all the disillusionment of dating life, this person walks in and gives me hope again. Ah-ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"