Totally Not Bragging... But Look At How Sporty I Am!

Chelsea Vs. Manchester City
May 2013

EH was in town and is a huge Chelsea fan, so when we found out this Expo
game was happening, we hunted down tickets on CraigsList and met a guy name Omar
at the McDonald's outside Yankees Stadium to make the deal. It was FREEEZING
outside, and we lost, but it was my first soccer game and so great to be with EH.

Brooklyn Nets
March 2013

I went to the newly opened Barclay's Center to watch the newly Brooklyn Nets with my roommates and some of their friends. Our seats were the epitome of nosebleeds, but the beer was great and so was the music. So much Beyonce!
New York Mets
May 2013

I won free tickets at work and got to bring two friends, wear free Tshirts,  and
go out on the field during the National Anthem! The only thing better than Tuesday
night baseball is FREE Tuesday night baseball!
New York Giants
December 2012

Although the day of this game started out with a pretty brutal hangover and I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull it together for the game, KS sweetly let me rest my head on her lap on the train to the stadium, and by the time I got there, I was ready for some football. Out tickets were FREE courtesy of Prince Amukamara, one of KS's friends from college. This was my first professional football game, but hopefully not my last.




Nebraska Cornhuskers VS. Penn State
October 2012

This was the first game after the controversial firing of Joe Paterno. KS got us free player's tickets from some friends on the team, and we drove to the State College, PA the night before the game and stayed in the college dorms thanks to a sorority connection. The roadtrip itself was one that I'll never forget, and even though Penn State was our competitor, KS and I both fell in love with their campus. It was a strange time to be in State College, but a beautiful day for watching college football.  

New York Yankees
August 2011

This was my very first professional sporting event, and EH bought us tickets for my birthday. Even though we are both from SD and have been preconditioned by our midwestern ancestors to HATE the Yankees, the stadium was cool, and they blasted Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York" on repeat as we left the game. We both decided that even though we're not authentic fans of the Yankees, we are big fans of the city that claims the team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"