Me and Mrs. C at Buttermilk Channel

The other day I met up with my gal pal BC her darling girl BI at the Buttermilk Channel to catch up on our crazy lives. I dished about my Spring Break weekend in D.C. and BC gave me the inside scoop on some obscure halftime performance that she was a part of last month. We talked politics, mainly our love for the Obamas, and while we talked, baby BI waved her left hand in the air like someone should have put a ring on it. So sweet. The thing I love most about getting lunch with my homegirl is that we are just so on the same page! We ordered the exact same thing (roasted sunchoke and walnut soup to start, then pan-roasted winter flounder). It was like déjà vu! And we shared a bottle of Pinot Noir, 2009 because it was a girls day, afterall. BI had chocolate milk and was such an angel that you'd think she would have an actual halo! We did not get dessert, and it was the best thing I never had. After so much eating and drinking and laughing and gossiping (what WAS Kim K wearing the other day..??), I had to get going to shop the "Damaged Goods" section of Ikea, and BC had some sort of interview to do.. probably for another job. I love that girl, but she does have a bit of a problem sticking to one thing! We embraced and said goodbye, and BC snuggled her little girl into her chest as little BI cried at the sight of me walking away. We blew each other kisses, and I zipped up my jacket all the way to the top and walked away thinking to myself that friendship like ours is irreplaceable.


Comments

  1. I thought this was real until I saw the picture at the bottom....totally thought BC was like a bestie of yours. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I definitely didn't get it until the job part. Then I had to reread to appreciate just how clever this is. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game