Thankful for Dinosaurs

When I was babysitting the week before Thanksgiving, I made a list with a 5-year-old about the things she's thankful for this year. The first thing she thought of was "dinosaurs."

Me: Do you mean dinosaur toys?
Her: I don't have any dinosaur toys.
Me: Do you mean you're thankful for dinosaur books or movies?
Her: I don't have any dinosaur books or movies.
Me: Do you mean your thankful for learning about dinosaurs?
Her: I actually don't know anything about dinosaurs! I'm just thankful that I want to learn about them.
Me: Well.. ok then.

Maybe I should have started this conversation with a brief explanation of the word "thankful." Or maybe this kid is just really appreciative of her inquisitive nature and the availability of free education in our country..?

I said, "I guess I can be thankful for dinosaurs, too."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"