A Social Media Consultant, Wait- That's a Thing?

Since I was first introduced to my first social media network (it's called Facebook, you may have heard about it) at the end of my freshman year of college, I've been all about it. [Although... secret confession: When my U of M friend JJ first told me about Facebook, I thought it was a website for carpooling??]

 When Facebook allowed users to add photos and photo captions, I was in caption-writing heaven. Puns and alliterations and inside jokes and plays-on-words; I did it all.  Witty wall banter was the name of the game, and I was winning. My sorority awarded superlatives one spring (most brainy, best hair, etc.) and I went home with the coveted "biggest facebooker" award. It was a title well-deserved and appreciated.

In the years that followed my facebook navigating and mass postings, I was introduced to blogging, tweeting, pinning, youtubing, and instagraming. In these social media sources, I have found an outlet for my creativity, my wit, my language, and for myself. I love the idea of sharing ideas and perspectives and seeing other peoples' too. I like feeling connected to a conversation that can happen anywhere with anyone. Plus, I love design and images and format and all that geeky stuff that social media let's us personalize within the perimeters of a clean structure.

And so, for the last 9 years, I have spent an embarrassingly large amount of my free time dedicated to using social media to learn, grow, and express. And then one day, at a random roof top party in New York City, I learned that this is actually a job. It's a thing people do and get paid for!! What the heck! I distinctly remember reading the list of majors at college, and this was not one of them. I chose English because I love to read and I love to write, and that all equals an English major, right? Ugh. If only I had majored in Facebook.. how different my life would be..

Unless... someone would just hire me to do it anyway!




Comments

  1. Really nice post shared. This post have some of the nice links shared about the internet marketing in Los Angeles. Really nice post shared..

    Social Media Consultant

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game