Highs and Lows, Lows and Highs

Last weekend I went to an English folk rock show in Williamsburg, a Brooklyn rooftop on Saturday to sunbathe, the Nebraska Husker Bar to watch the first game of the season, and to the Chelsea Piers to kayak for free in the Hudson. On Tuesday I started another new job at a hedge fund, and on Thursday I went with KS to Fashion's Night Out where we saw Solange Knowles (Beyonce's little sis!) DJ'ing at Diane Von Furstenberg. AND this morning I found out that I got another interview at the Guggenheim next week! WHOA. When I type it all out like that, it sounds so cool!! I'm living the life, right?? What could I possibly have to complain about*?!

I've said it before (and will likely again), but New York City is a place of high highs and and low lows. My goal is to keep myself somewhere in the middle. Grounded, yet enthusiastic. Realistic, yet hopeful. Grateful, yet never totally satisfied.

This blog is one way that I try to balance between the ups of luxury skyscrapers and the downs of the sweaty and smelly subway. It's a way to remind myself that sometimes "living here amazing" and other times "living here is really, really hard." It's a place that I go to to remind myself that no matter how loved/lonely/hopeful/hopeless I'm feeling, it can all change in a New York minute.

*Don't get too jealous of my life.. I still don't have a job or health insurance, and the number in my checking account has a negative sign in front of it. I'm spending my Friday night watching netflix and doing laundry. I live with a cat, and I'm allergic.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"