Breaking Up is Hard to Do

Someone I love just had to break up with someone she loves, and she feels completely awful about it. I have been scouring the internet all day looking for a brilliant and understanding essay or song that I can send her to make her feel better. I quickly realized, however, that most of the essays about breaking up favor on the side of the dump-er. The same goes for songs.. and movies, now that I think of it.

But really, this isn't totally fair. Sure, getting dumped blows. I mean, it really sucks, but let's not automatically demonize the person that stands up and says, "I don't think this working anymore." Sure, we can continue to demonize the cheaters, the liars, and the other jerks that the women of country music build their lyrical foundations on. But let's go easy on the nice guy or girl who has to let the equally nice girlfriend or boyfriend go because sometimes relationships just don't work out. Sometimes its just not meant to be.

You were right. It just wasn't me you were right about. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"