A Cheesey Snack from the Universe

Sometimes the universe gives me snacks, little things that hold me over.

A nice conversation with a handsome man I just met.
A job prospect or encouraging contact.
A beautiful Brooklyn apartment looking for someone just like me.

Even if they're temporary or quickly fleeting, even if they don't work out (because they most likely
won't), they keep me going.  Even if I never see him again or hear from that job or visit the apartment... it held me over for one more day.

So today, instead of being bummed out by the disappointment of an unsatisfying snack, I will appreciate the hunger that keeps pushing me until it's finally my turn to sit at the feast.

Comments

  1. Seriously just printed this out to put on my desk. Next time I'm having a rough day/week/year ... I'm going to read this bit and remind myself to appreciate the snacks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"