Where in the world is... Amanda Lightfield??

One of my favorite times of year is when NBC's Today Show runs its "Where in the World is Matt Lauer??" segment. The ever-so-balding news anchor travels to a variety of world locales within one week. Before he reveals where he is stationed, he gives the other Today Show hosts clues, and they have to guess where he is. I love this part the most because it's totally and quite obviously unscripted which means there is a big possibility that someone is going to look stupid on live national television. Usually, it's Al.

Notice the hat?? We know what's under there, Matt..


This is all a very long-winded way of telling you that I'm going somewhere strange this weekend, and I want you to guess where! I'm going to give you three clues. Won't this be fun?! Your guesses won't even be televised, so no one is going to judge you. Ok, ready?

Clue #1:
A member of the band who did it all for the nookie was born here and learned to DJ several years after leaving his birthplace for a more Westernized lifestyle.

Clue #2:
A character from one of my favorite chick-shows this year used to play basketball for this team.

Clue #3:
A midsummer celebration is held here which involves drinking beer, singing folk songs, wearing wreaths of flowers, and dancing around a bon fire that burns all night.

Clue #4:



Make your guesses in the comments section below and the winner gets... absolutely nothing. (According to several job search committees, it's all I have to offer..).

Comments

  1. Please tell me it's Latvia, and you will be participating in the second paragraph of the Latvia section of this wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Riga! http://bturn.com/4440/eastern-european-cities-have-the-fastest-internet/riga-latvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Yes Yes!!! Though technically I didn't go to Latvia... I DID, however, celebrate Ligo with a bunch of Latvians at a Latvian summer camp in New Hampshire!! Pictures and stories coming soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game