I woke up to this image/quote chilling in my inbox from AP who sent it to me while I was fast asleep. Did she read my dreams/mind?! This is just too perfect.

I have a draft of something that I've been working on for years (and no, LS, I'm not talking about that damn independent study in grad school!). But I haven't been able to complete this project partially because I'm a perfectionist (and it's NOT perfect) and partly because its about people, about what happened to me.

Getting this reminder from none other than my literary lady AL was the motivation I needed to pull out a shitty first (or tenth) draft, and feel ok about really telling my story.

To be continued...

Comments

  1. I facilitate 'Writing Your Life Story' classes based on a book by Frank Thomas. Frank shares lots of good advice for writers at all ability levels. The two pieces I would pull from his book for you, Ms Perfectionist (and I TOTALLY relate) it is YOUR story, does it really matter how accurate, perfect your memories are? Second, write like you are writing to a dear friend. The telling may come easier. Good luck with your literary piece.
    Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game