Monkey Meat

Favorite line from this week's episode of GIRLS. Hannah, an aspiring writer living in NYC who is broke, unemployed, and a little lost (sound familiar?), goes home to Michigan to spend the weekend with her parents. When she gets asked out on a date by a pharmacist, she has to cancel dinner plans with her parents who are understandably disappointed. I love how Hannah is just straight up like I gotta do this you guys. This is why.
"I've been dating someone who treats my heart like its monkey meat. I feel like a delusional, invisible person half the time, so I need to learn what it's like to be treated well before its too late for me."
That is just so true. Sometimes you just need to be reminded of what it's like to be treated well, before its too late.

Hannah from HBO's GIRLS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"