"I'll have the warm farro and trevisano with cippolini and pancetta, please"

I'm temping at an Investment thingy (or whatever) for the next couple of weeks, and it is seriously the best temping gig I've ever had. I won the temping lottery!! (Now this next part might sound a little braggy.. but I'm just in such disbelief that I get to work here! So I gotta share).

First of all, I get free breakfast. And free lunch. Every day. And I'm not talking about one of those lame hotel continental breakfasts when they put out stale donuts and burnt coffee. This food is legit! For breakfast there is a spread of bagels, breads, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts, flavored coffee, and more! And for lunch.. well... Let's just say that I have been to weddings were the food hasn't been this good.
For example, here is today's menu:










SALAD
 Chicory, Endive and Rocket Arugula Salad Croutons and Shaved Parmesan
with a Garlic, Lemon and Anchovy dressing
ENTREES
 Lamb Pot Roast
Warm Farro with Diced Vegetables
Braised Dandelion, Kale, Escarole and Trevisano with Cippolini and Pancetta
Oven Roasted Cod with Lemon, Ramps, Fennel and Artichokes
Roasted Zucchini, Pea and Plum Tomato Gratin
Assorted Breads


Can you believe that?! I ate it and I had no idea what was what, but I just got in line and went with the flow. And it. was. delicious.

I'm just so happy about this lunch thing and I keep thinking, "I am saving so much money right now!" Normally temping can make finding/eating lunch kind of tricky because I usually go out and look for a cheap place to eat in the neighborhood, but cheap lunch in NYC is still usually around $10. That can be like an hour of work! Now I not only don't have to go searching for a cheap/healthy place to eat, but it's FREE. Free, I say!!

The only sort-of-downfall about this whole free lunch thing is finding someone to sit by in the cafeteria.. but that's a whole other story.. And I probably shouldn't complain, should I?

Guacamole tomorrow! *fist pump*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"