Who am I and what do I want?

I think finding a job must be easier when you have the kind of degree that matches up neatly with a specific profession.

Go to medical school and become a doctor.
Go to law school and become a lawyer.
Go to education school and become a teacher.

Go to graduate school and get a Master's in English and then what the H do you do?!

The problem is not that I can't find jobs I'm interested in. They're everywhere!

Do I want to work in a library tutoring students on writing? YES!
Do I want to work at a community college teaching composition courses? YES!
Do I want to work at a university as an academic advisor? YES!

The problem is that for each job that I'm applying for, I have to completely redo my resume and cover letter. And we're not talking about little changes, either. My strengths, goals, and specializations literally have to be changed every five minutes and it's leaving me very confused about what exactly it is I want to do with my life. It's also leaving me very thirsty...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game