AWAKE MY SOUL.

[Sorry this is so late!]

The other day (several weeks ago) I woke up and decided to climb a mountain. Actually, I was granted permission to take the morning off from the parents of the family that I was on vacation with. Up until the moment when the hotel van dropped me off at the start of the trail, I had been constantly attached to one, two, or three of the boys I babysit. We had been inseparable for four straight days, even sharing the same bedroom and bed. I needed a break, and I needed some air. So I started my Ash Wednesday morning by strapping on some ice cleats, popping my ipod headphones in, and slowly but surely making my way up Smuggler Mountain. It wasn't a Rocky kind of climb. There was no running involving, and I even got passed by a senior citizen or two, but as long as I was on that trail, I was free. So I took my GD time.

I was suddenly and totally alone, but it wasn't lonely because I had my music family along: Mumford and Sons and the Avett Brothers, Ray, Eddie, and Neil. This was my playlist and in listening to it again, this was my day. Slow and steady and silent (well, sort of).

1. All the Wild Horses- Ray Lamontagne
2. Far Behind- Eddie Vedder
3. After the Gold Rush- Neil Young
4. Touching the Ground- Brandi Carlile
5. Woods- Bon Iver
6. World Without End- A.A. Bondy
7. The Perfect Space- The Avett Brothers
8. Toward the Sun- Alexi Murdoch
9. Holocene- Bon Iver
10. Way Over Yonder- Carole King
11. 20 Years Ago- The Civil Wars
12. Yellow Ledbetter- Pearl Jam
13. Caught a Long Wind- Feist
14. Rocky Mountain High- John Denver
15. Awake My Soul- Mumford & Sons (reserved for the peak!)



More to come on this trip and more SOON!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game