But more than that, I wanna be... bad.

OK you have got to check out this video portrait project that my friend TB has been working on! It's so creative and captivating and cute!

Each video in the series is a black and white vignette of a classic 50's-ish song each lipsung by a visually captivating character of the opposite sex. It is as if the individuals in each portrait come to inhabit the voices of Eartha Kitt and Frank Sinatra themselves, though they're not the people you might expect. I think that the videos present a cool juxtaposition between dark and light, classic and youthful, polished and raw. Even the genders are opposite. It takes a simple concept and adds a creative and smart twist, which is why I love it so much! Not that I'm much of a critic, but if I were, I'd give it both my thumbs and they'd be pointing UP.

She'll be posting new videos all week leading up to Fashion Week, so check out her stuff!

This one is my favorite so far:


Video Portraits - Atarah Valentine from Taylor Jayne Ballantyne on Vimeo.


TB's Vimeo profile
TB's Photography website

Comments

  1. I'm in love with these videos. Lip synching in front of the mirror while getting ready is literally my favorite pastime. Thanks for sharing! I love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game