So I'm GONNA!

I had the BEST conversation last night with new NYC friends TB, a super chill, open, and hilarious photographer and her cousin SS, a page at NBC who is from Alabama and has a small crush on her cousin.   I LOVE THEM BOTH!

I went over to TB's UWS apartment with cheese pizza and vodka after a long-ass day of nannying, and we put Jenny Lewis on pandora and got all girl-talk while sitting on T's hardwood floor. We talked guidos, disappointing grandmothers, heartbreak, Italian family traditions of drunk santas, smoking after a good work out, walks of shame, and much, much more. We broke for a chip and cheese dip break and got back into stories of our loves, loves lost, and the great responsibility/privilege of the artist. We talked about creative projects in our futures, and T gave me one of the best "If you want to be a writer, be a writer" pep talks I have heard in a very long time. So I'm GONNA.

I'm going to tell people that I'm a writer (because I am one). And I'm going to write more (because it's all I think about doing). I'm going to suspend judgment (because I'm judgmental of myself enough for every one). And I'm going to write something that matters (because I matter).

Affirmations, baby!

I'm looking forward to more conversations, revelations, and of course, more vodka and pizza. Stay tuned!



Comments

  1. YES! If I don't work a full time job this summer can we please write a book? Seriously, we could make it happen! Let the story boarding begin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game