Uptown Girls

Today a 7 month and 5 day chapter of my life ended, a chapter I like to call "That Time EH and I Lived Together in Harlem." It was a great chapter, a little too short if you ask me (but all the good ones are). In between the pages of the three seasons we spent together there was adventure, crime, drama, and comedy. There were ups and there were downs. And today two uptown girls who spent their first night together in NYC eating Chinese take-out out of styrofoam containers, drinking champagne out of the bottle, and sleeping on towels on the hardwood floor said goodbye to one another as they prepared for their next big move. EH is heading West to Chicago where she will get to live with someone who appreciates house music and whose hair won't clog the drain. Some could call it a roommate upgrade, but I have a sneaking suspicion that she'll also miss certain qualities of her fellow Harlemite who also shamelessly loves Glee and making 'to do' lists. (I'm talking about me here). Lord knows I'm going to miss her willingness to order Chinese and watch something with me on netflix on any given Tuesday and even more so her hugs on bad days and laughs on good days. Although saying goodbye is never easy, this chapter ends happily with EH flying to the man she loves and with me standing at the red gate outside our apartment to stick it out in the city while taking notes and deep breathes.

Because I promised her, I will.
Take notes.

Red Rooster Cocktail

Sunday Hudson River Boat Tour

Bryant Park Movie Night

Yankee Birthday Game

Comments

  1. like! like! like! like! a million times over! Like the writing, I mean, not the leaving. Miss you girl, Dakota Forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"