Freaky Friday.

It might not have technically been a full moon last night, but it was close enough for me.

Friday morning I woke up dizzy and had to say goodbye to my favorite class; I'm getting a new batch on Monday, but it just won't be the same. My news didn't rain on our parade, but it did put a damper on our Central Park picnic. I decided I could never be a foster parent. I get too attached!



After picnicking, I ran to the Regean's for nannying. Doorman Juan was there, but luckily no kisses. The kids were naughty, whinny, and exhausted. I commiserated with the daytime nanny and put them to bed early. 5 hours, 6 bedtime stories, 3 lullabies, and 2 celebrity gossip magazines later, the Reagan's came home, and I put $100 in my pocket and ran home to change. I snapped a moon pic from their terrace before I left.



Met up with EH at a wine bar on 80th and Amsterdam. She had made friends with the bartenders, and I arrived just in time to take advantage of their new friendship. Free cheese, free wine. Too much cheese, too much wine. We talked about the stars and the moon. I think. The tunes were good and the breeze felt better. Got a text from the ghost of high school past. Nice, but confusing.



Then some USD pals unexpectedly arrived across the street, and the four of us celebrated SoDak and our leaving it. We went to the Dead Poet where I desperately searched for a Whitman drink but then just settled for a dirty shirley. Go figure.

Next was the beer pong bar where we never actually got to play beer pong. But they did have a killer living room, and we stole a couple of books. One started, "The universe is wide and wonderful and filled with many stars." We agree.



We chugged pitchers intended for the game, then stood outside waiting to find uptown/downtown cabs. EH said, "Does the moon really look like that or is it my astigmatism?" KB, the optometry student, gave a scientific explanation. I whispered, "It's real, Erin."



 When we got home, EH and I discussed cosmic connectivity and saw the moon in the sliver of our living room window for the 2 minutes before it moved on. Then EH made rice and we watched True Blood. The sun started to come up, and we made like Bill Compton and went into our dark bedrooms. 5:30AM.

Goodnight, moon.

Comments

  1. Gawd I LOVE this! Can you write for every outing we have?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game