Follow me, por favor!

I don't know why this keeps happening, but people keep trusting me to lead young, barely English-speaking students on field trips. See what I mean??

Summer 2009.
I drove the kids in my multicultural youth group using the van we borrowed from an Assisted Living Center.  God knows what people thought when they pulled up next to us at stoplights.

Summer 2010
I took my ESL Summer Institute students on weekend trips around South Dakota including a Sunday trip to Blue Dog Lake in Waubay, SD. I took them on a tour of the lake in my dad's boat, and it was the very first time that I had ever loaded and driven the boat all alone. I'm happy to report that no one drowned, though Hao did come dangerously close.

Spring 2011.
I took my Zoni Twelve, as I liked to call them, on a field trip to Central Park. The park part was easy, but getting all of them through the subway station and on the right train without losing them or forgetting them was a challenge... so say the least. I also almost abandoned them at the park at the end of the day, assuming they knew their ways home, which they did not. It was a close call. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game