I'm such a sell-out

Lately, some people have been telling me that I should write to make money (since no one will give me a full-time job!). I tell them that it's much easier said than done. But then I looked into it and it turns out that if I agree to advertise on my blog, I make like 15 cents per every 25 visitors. I realize that at this rate, that's going to earn me enough for a cup off coffee in June, but hey, I'm broke. And I happen to love coffee.

So I still don't know exactly how this works.. or if I get "extra" cents if you click on the ads, but I thought I'd at least give you a heads up on why my blog is now advertising for black dating sites in Harlem. (I obviously don't get to choose the ads).

It's true. My name is Amanda Lightfield, and I am a Capitalist.

Comments

  1. I just clicked on links to potentially purchase some huge machine part that I can't describe, invest in an engagement ring, and find good deals in Harlem. None of those appealed to me, but hopefully it earns you some more money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a lady in a red dress advertising for Michael Kors and a red banner telling me to "Book Now!" with Delta, 1. it was aesthetically appealing and 2. the internet is creepy and knows my weakness for travel and dresses. I will still continue to click on the ads however in the hopes that you earn enough money for a ticket to The Lion King..or a garbage bin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering why there were adds on your page, and was just about to get upset with google, and then I read this post...will I make you more money by clicking on the adds? I'm always looking for something productive to do on the internet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"