"I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!"

I keep having to remind my mother, "I am not dying." It doesn't really make saying goodbye any easier to either of us. This month, there have been so many goodbyes, and every time I walk away from somebody without really knowing when I'll get to see him or her again, I get sentimental and nostalgic, and I get a little sad.

It's funny to me how much we all appreciate each other when we are close to saying goodbye. In preparation of my big move, I've written letters, sent cards, and had phone calls to many of the people I love. I've declared my love, recalled fond memories, and confessed my sadness in leaving, but what continues to bewilder me is, what took so long? Why don't I tell the people I love "I LOVE YOU PEOPLE" all the time, every day?

A good friend once quoted a good rapper who said, "People never get the flowers while they can still smell them." It's so true, you know. We all care about each other so much, but sometimes we forget to actually express it. It's my new york/year resolution to tell people "I LOVE YOU PEOPLE" more often.

And the good news is that I'm not dying, and  I'll be back. In the meantime, I promise to try to be a worthy and loyal friend, daughter, sister, niece, and blogger. And I'll take a lot of pictures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"