"What's the point?"

It's about this time in the semester when I look at the long list of meaningless tasks that I have left to complete when I ask myself the ultimate question, "What's the point?"

Really, what is the point to all of this? What good will I serve humanity by completing a 20 page seminar paper about irony in medieval allegory? How will my annotated bibliography on second language grammar instruction contribute to well-being of mankind? And most importantly, will my students even know if I don't read their final portfolios?

Life is twisted, complicated, fast, and short, and it's days like today when I really don't want to waste any more of mine being miserable and stressed over work that doesn't feed the hungry or nurse the sick.

But yet, I do what I have to do. Only 8ish more days of annotations and comma splices, and then I'll be free to hug and help and high five everyone, improving our earth in my own little Amanda Lightfield way.

Hang in there world, I'm coming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"