A list of December happenings, resume style

So much has happened in the last month that the thought of writing a coherent narrative is too overwhelming for me to handle on a Sunday night. I suppose a real writer could tackle such a task, but I am not a real writer, certainly not an "A" writer (just ask my very last report card).

Here's what's been going on in December... resume-style. 
  • Researched and wrote a seminar paper about divine and courtly love in medieval allegory, completed a 3500 word essay about death and technology, and put together an annotated bibliography of grammar pedagogy research (barf!).
  • Emptied out my office, desk, mailbox, and shelf. Turned in my key, left Dakota Hall for the last time, and didn't look back.
  • Celebrated the culinary mastery of Vermillion's finest food establishments: RED, Mona Lisi's (first time!), Pro's, Chae's, and Viejo (all in one week!)
  • Called myself Brenda and called KS June to a toothless man sitting at the bar at Carey's on our last night together as roommates.
  • Welcomed family and friends to Vermillion for graduation weekend with dirty shirley's (thanks KS!) and enjoyed the splendor of DT Verm (Carey's + Leo's + Char Bar).
  • Threw on a black robe and a weird hat and successfully walked across a stage without tripping.
  • Looked out into the crowd and saw people I loved, but missed one especially.
  • Watched as my many worlds collided in my aunt's dinning room. Friends from high school, grad school, and undergrad and family from Minnesota and Waubay, South Dakota gathered and ate cheesy potatoes and cupcakes.
  • Appreciated having so many loved ones gathered for a happy occassion, and not a sad one.
  • Spent the night being an old master watching Vh1 with C.A.L.M. and loved every minute of it!
  • Packed up my life with the help of CS, MR, and LS, and left Vermillion for the very last time (until I have to go back to get my bed and coffee pot in a few weeks..)
  • Realized it was Christmas and did some shopping, wrapping, cleaning, and caroling.
  • Drove to SF to celebrate GG's (early) birthday!! Consumed Mexican food, ice cream cake, and half priced drinks at Bracco's with the girl gang.
  • Slept in until noon in GG's bed even though she was gone, and watched Almost Famous for the very first time (and loved it!)
  • Picked EH up at the airport and realized that it is so much more fun to pick someone up than to drop someone off!
  • Calmed our mothers via cell phone as we drove on the not-so-treacherous interstate back to Watertown.
  • Loaded my jeep with pies, presents, and people, and drove to Webster, SD listening to Christmas songs and attempting (and failing) to sing along with Mariah Carey. 
  • Went to Christmas Eve service at a Methodist church and of course, little AL got the giggles right away. I can't take her anywhere!
  • Christmas-ed with my family all night and the next day
  • Ate tooooo much.
  • Watched the original Miracle on 34th Street and was mildly disappointed. (more like litigation on 34th street if you ask me...)
  • Spent a Sunday afternoon cleaning out drawers that haven't been touched in years. 
  • Looked through pictures of the past and became nostalgic about him, and him, and him. Ate Hershey kiss cookies to pull me though. Put the pictures away.
There it is... my December. What a doosey! Thanks for being a part of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"