I hope that's ok

I think that the main purpose of this blog is to share cool, interesting, beautiful, thought-provoking, funny, original, strange stuff with my friends. But lately I've been thinking that maybe there's another reason, too. In my creative non-fiction class, we talk about how writing is a way of figuring out something or working our way through what's going on inside of us. And I think that this blog is sort of a way for me to do that as well. So this post isn't going to be funny or cool or strange, but instead it's just my attempt to work my way through what's going on inside of me.  
***
I was searching through old facebook messages today to find an address, and I came across a bunch of old messages to and from MD. It's strange because I just finished a piece for my non-fiction class on this exact thing, finding technological artifacts as reminders of death. More on that later..

I thought I would post some snippets of messages.. it's so strange how life turns out sometimes.

AL: "So how is your summer so far? How are things with L.? How are Iowa City plans? How is making coffee and drinking it? How is Verm? How are YOU?? My life is short a sparkle without you in it."

MD: "You'll be happy to hear that Summer break ends in only two months, then you'll be back in Vermillion. Unfortunately I'll no longer be here. :( Its seems like many valuable things in life, like friendship, can be bittersweet and star-crossed. I'm so glad that we had a semester together, but I am sad that I'll no longer (regularly) be in your company. You are such a gem, a diamond that shines in various frequencies! I'm so happy that you are my friend and really, distance shmistance, right? We will meet in space, in memories, in cyber-space, in new experiences, in laughter, and often in person!!! Luckily, we are equipped with deftness in communication and keeping in touch!"

AL: "It was so good, yet bittersweet to see you and say goodbye on Friday night. I'm no good at goodbyes, I maybe should have warned you. And I'm also slightly bummed that all those Verm townies came to Carey's so we couldn't have the heart to heart that I would have liked. Regardless, it was great to see you and I wish you the very best (although I'll miss you immensely)."

MD: "I checked out your blog today and I think I will every day from now on. Have a great rest of the semester!"

AL: "I agree that it was LOVELY seeing you last week! And thank you for the sweet message. As you can probably tell from my blog, I'm a big fan of sentimental. :) So here is goes... I am honored to know you and call you my friend. Although it saddens me that our lives are so transitional right now, I am grateful for times that we can find to catch up, and I'm excited to see where our lives will take us. I look forward to being good friends for a long time. I hope that's ok. :)"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"