The Hatch

Two years ago, we spent
the month of December sitting
in the dark facing our television
our faces blue with the reflection
of the screen.

We were sitting in our living room
but we were lost
watching disk after disk of
the tv series of the same name
lost.

We were starved for adventure
for physical trial and triumph
for movement and ambition
all of which we lacked
that December.

At night I dreamed of the island
and had reoccurring Lost-mares
of the Hatch because
though we didn't say it aloud
we all thought it

"Please, don't go down there."

Comments

  1. I'm not sure HOW it's possible... but I don't think I knew you were a LOST fan!! This is VERY sad, b/c I feel like we've missed out on many GREAT discussions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"