The Rules of Love

...according to Medieval notions of Courtly Love. (not to be confused with COURTNEY Love.. which I keep typing)

I'm researching this for my Medieval Seminar Paper.. if I have to read it, you have to read it. My commentary is in Italics.
I. Marriage is no real excuse for not loving. Huh?
II. He who is not jealous cannot love. Jealousy can be kind of sweet.
III. No one can be bound by a double love. Tell that to the girl on The Notebook
IV. It is well known that love is always increasing or decreasing. Sounds like a nauseating carnival ride to me.
V. Boys do not love until they arrive at the age of maturity. What exactly is that age??
VI. No one should be deprived of love without the very best of reasons. Height is not a good reason.
VII. It is not proper to love any woman whom one would be ashamed to seek to marry.I fully support this one.
VIII.A true lover does not desire to embrace in love anyone except his beloved. True but with the exception of John Mayer
IX.When made public love rarely endures. Its true. I'm never going facebook official again!
X. A new love puts flight in an old one. "The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else"

Comments

  1. "The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else"

    Medieval rebounding?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"