Caffeine and Coldplay

As I type this, I am sitting in the Black Dog coffeehouse in Lenexa, KS grading research papers while KG teaches at her real, big kid job. She's not just a TA anymore, you know. It's cold and rainy outside, and I love everything about what's happening today. I'm with good friends and good coffee.

After I dropped KG off at her job and started off toward this coffeeshop, I hopped on 87th Street and was stopped at a red light. I became mesmerized by the windshield wipers going back and forth and back and forth. I remembered distinctly the last day of high school when EH and I skipped school to go to a Dashboard Confessional concert in Grand Forks, North Dakota. It was pouring rain the whole way to Grand Forks, and we listened to a Coldplay album over and over again. To stay awake, we coordinated the wipers to the beat of each song. We were pretty good at, actually.

Coldplay is playing right now in the coffee shop, but unfortunately I don't have windshield wipers to keep me awake. I do have a giant cup of bottomless coffee and a stack of student essays, however, so I guess I'll have to make due.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"