Some thoughts on today

Today to remember how to spell the word aggressive. I had to sing the cheerleader song in my head (Be aggressive, gotta be aggressive, b-e a-g-g-r-e-s-s-i-v-e!!). I should have learned more spelling words this way, I think.

I'm considering getting another tattoo this weekend. I can't afford it, and I'll probably change my mind before Saturday comes. But I keep remembering a quote from Jack London that says, "Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." I think my interpretation of this quote is an example of faulty causality, but I might do it anyway.

Last night I had a dream that my mom had died instead of my dad. He and I were in the grocery store, and he wouldn't let me buy anything that I wanted. He was really sad.

When people ask me if I'm going to miss my friends and family when I move to New York, I say, "I already miss them." Every one of my relationships is already a long distance relationship (except for my roommate, thank GOD for her!). I already know what it's like to miss people I love, and I'm afraid it's never really going to stop, regardless of where I live. This would be a depressing realization, if I forgot the parallel realization of how lucky I am to have all of these relationships in the first place. And also, we'll only be a plane ride apart. But yes, I am going to miss them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"