Last Hurrah!

As an incentive to get into the Dakota Days school spirit, I gave my students extra credit for wearing red to class on Thursday. Most of them did; a few forgot. I looked out into the eyes of my 22 freshman who were about to experience their very first DDays, and I suddenly became acutely aware that this will probably be my last.

...the last time I'll spend an entire weekend celebrating a football game that I will have no intention of watching (did we even win?)... the last time I'll spend 12 straight hours drinking with a majority of my college friends in the Carey's back patio... and maybe even the last time I'll see him, or her, or you.

But on the bright side, if I  had a nickle for every person who promised to come visit me in New York, I would have enough to buy my own plane ticket to DDays next year. Fingers crossed!!

Comments

  1. You can always come back! That is the beauty of Ddays. You don't need to be a student to enjoy the parade and afternoon at Carey's :) I made a pacted with my girlfriends that I'll be back each year. Would you like to join me in that pact?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"