Gerunds are our friends

I am missing you. It's a gerund because it's a continuous act. I did miss you. I do miss you. I will miss you.

I am missing you on Thursday nights and on nights when they play funk at Carey's. I am missing you when I see small, cute people walking their dogs or wearing headbands. I am missing you when I crave Indian food, when I crave new music, when I crave new ideas. I am missing you when I'm on gchat and your dot is red. I'm missing you when I see our pictures and remember the day when we disorganized all those books or when we got stuck in a ditch all for the sake of cool photos.. I am missing you whenever I have something to say but am too afraid to say it. I am missing you now, today on your birthday, and I am wishing we could celebrate it together like we did last year, when you wore the cowboy boots and we played birthday games at your trailer.

I am missing you now, like I have and like I will. Happy Birthday KG. I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"