Fingerprints

I applied to be a substitute teacher today, and I had to go to the Police Station to get finger printed. As Officer What's-his-name was taking each finger and placing it carefully on the glass scanner, I had a thought. Actually my first thought was, "Wow, this is most physical contact I've had with a man in months!" But then after that, I thought, "Wow, I am just like a snow flake."

It's kind of cool, you know, that we all have this one thing that is different from everyone else. My fingerprints are not your fingerprints. Sometimes I judgmentally group people together (freshman, redheads, criminals, Mormons, men), but today I was reminded that even if we look alike at first glance, we're all uniquely designed. And it's a good thing, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"