Honey put on that party dress



KG, ST, and I listened to this song as we drove back to Vermillion from the Golden Bubbles show last night at 1:30am. The song reminded me of a couple of Aprils ago when my parents and I sat in crowded bar in Indiana, Pennsylvania listening to an old guy with a guitar, and I decided that was where I belonged. I  wanted to go East for grad school and I wanted to get out of Vermillion forever. "Tired of myself, tired of this town." It didn't really work out though, in the end. But when I came back to Vermillion the following spring, it was a different town and I was a different me. So I guess that part worked out.

It's still a great song. It reminds me of him and that bar and that feeling.
By: Tom Petty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"