Write philosophy paper or blog about nothing??

Last night, little AL and I met my mom in Sioux Falls for supper. We ate at Red Lobster because my mom had a coupon. $4.00 off two entrees. We split the salad. Do you see where I get it from??

On May 28th I am taking my MA Exams. It will be a long day of writing about books, themes, theories, and ideas that I should have been paying closer attention to in the last year and a half of grad school. It just dawned on me today that I won't even be able to go get drunk afterward because I'll be ALL ALONE IN VERMILLION. All of my friends will be gone.. in Europe, Kansas, West River! I will walk out of McKusic computer lab, drive to my empty murder house, and.. then what? I suppose I could get drunk by myself but that's a low point that I'm just not ready to hit (again).

Whenever I see a car driving with a headlight out, I think of the eels on The Little Mermaid.  They give me the creeps.

This morning I helped my aunt get ready for her rummage sale. She accumulates the most bizzare things from auctions and garage sales and then sells them on ebay for 10 times as much as she paid for them originally. She has a rummage sale once a year to get rid of the un-ebay-able stuff. Tables are not organized by "kitchen" or "clothes" but instead by "owl figurines" and "Catholic stuff". As I was unpacking, I pulled out a porcelain statue of Jesus exposing the sacred heart. My (Lutheran) aunt said, "Isn't it beautiful? I meant to buy a box of cookbooks but the auctioneer said, 'I'll throw in the Jesus for free.'" She told him she would take it. I think I do that same thing. "I'll take Jesus.. if he's free."

Today is the last day of April. It's ending a lot differently from the way it began. But I did learn a lot in April. Like maybe it's a good thing there is a census party only once every 10 years. And apparently command hooks only have an 8 month sticky span(3 have fallen off this week). Nothing stays a secret for very long when you live in Vermillion for as many years as we have, and that's not my fault.

Who is that guy who walks around the library inspecting each plant and marking something on a big calculator thing? What is his job title? Who pays him?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"