Diagnosis: Verm

Today I'm feeling sick.
I'm sick of this town, the drive I take to school every morning and especially that stop light on Main and University.
I'm sick of the walk from A&S to the library and back to A&S.
I'm even sick of the study room with the window.
I'm sick of Wednesdays when I'm in class for 8 solid hours. There are 15 minutes when I am expected to be in two classes at the same time; I'm sick of that.
I'm sick of running into the same people, people that I used to know but who don't know me anymore. I'm sick of awkward conversations and awkward run-ins on the sidewalks of campus.
I'm sick of running into students, like at Carey's or the Char bar. Or at Wal-Mart when I'm wearing a shirt with the sleeves cut off that says, "You can always retake a class, but you can't relive a party."
I'm sick of having to worry about that.
I'm sick of WebAdvisor. I'm sick of the portal. I'm sick of USD.

Most of my friends are graduating in a few weeks, and that really makes me feel sick.
I don't want to be here without them. I don't want to be here at all.


Really, I'm not sick. And I shouldn't complain about being so.
This is nothing the month of June in Kansas can't fix.

Comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"