Dearest EH,

EH is an individual: part hippy, part grunge, part Broadway, part artist, and a tiny part Midwest. I have a love/hate relationship with her adventurous spirit, though. I love this quality in her when it comes to dancing without inhibitions with me at street dances or raiding her mom's fridge for the homeless man walking around the lake or participating in the legendary "operation: black triangle". I am not so fond of her adventurous spirit, however, when it takes her away from me like 6 years ago to NYC and now, Paris. I say, "What's so great about seeing the world, anyway?"

The thing I love most about my friendship with EH is that months can go by without talking yet one phone call puts us back where we left off. She doesn't shower regularly and this may be another reason we get along so well.

Yesterday was her birthday in all the hustle and bustle of Easter egg hunts and explaining to my family for the fourteenth time what ESL stands for, I didn't get a chance to wish her a Happy Birthday (via blog). So here it is, a date late but just as sincere..

Happy Birthday EH! I love you and miss you terribly.

Let's meet up and eat an apple.

Comments

  1. aaaah AMANDA! I love you and I love this post! Thanks for the birthday wishes, one day late or not, I don't care. We can exchange birthday wishes and eat apples together in August!!!!! Oh, and by the way, Paris hasn't helped with the showering; twice a week, baih oui! C'est normale!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"