Found an old email..

 I accidentally stumbled across an old email this afternoon. And after reading it, I realized that I'm not the same person as the person who wrote it, anymore. And that makes me happy. And that makes me a little bit sad.



To a person I counted on,

"Every so often, Jim dies of boredom. I think today it was the expense reports that did him in. And our deal is it's up to me to revive him."

I'm so incredibly bored at work today... to a point that's almost painful. I've exhausted all facebook and youtube resources for the day and here I sit, typing you an email thats probably just as boring as the life I lead... I really shouldn't complain because the last week and a half have been A-mazing. New York was exactly what I needed. There's a line in a  Regina song  and she says,
"I'm so lonely, lonely, lonely/ So I went to a protest just to rub up next to strangers". Thats how it was in NY. It was just nice to be around people. Is that weird? probably.  I'm in a a weird mood right now, i get so restless here and I think about things way more than is healthy.. I'm just going to type stream of consciousness-style and fill you in on my dull life.

Let's see... last night my mom thought we won the lottery. We got this  letter and check in the mail and it actually did sort of look legitimate... but  we realized that it was written to out to my dad and decided that we'd be so pissed at him if he had won the lottery but wasn't around to cash it! anyway, my mom called and she had to talked to foreign people with accents which clearly meant that it wasn't authentic. so no, we didn't win and yes, my mom is a racist. ah, what else can i tell you... today I was so bored that I tried to google compound words with the word "fancy". i was planning a witty facebook post, but I came up with nothing. I was also so bored that I youtubed a bunch of old TLC videos and decided that Chasing Waterfalls is a dank song and really deserves more play time. [...] Also, last night I had a dream that I was getting married to JS! It was really an uncomfortable dream and Steve Ward walked me down the isle but it was like up a steep mountain and I really didn't want to do it. I was really concerned about what I was going to tell you and also by the fact that JS didn't even know my favorite color. [...] Also today I found a countdown application on facebook and set it for when I move back to Verm. 50 days. It's actually a lot more than i thought. so it turned out to be a bad idea, having the countdown. But i am looking forward to coming back. I'm pretty sure I've found my future roommate/place of residence, although I've not yet met the girl or seen the place. I like living on the edge. They tell me Thanksgiving is next week, which will be good, i suppose. My mom has a hard time celebrating any sort of special occasion these days but my plan is just to get some bottles of Relax, or maybe a box of wine or two and convince her to just order pizza. Then after that it's practically Christmas which will be great. [...]. Ok well the one non-boring part of my day has almost arrived and my Polish student should be here any minute. We're doing grammar now and i totally geek out because I love it so much! if you feel like emailing me back or, i don't know, gchatting, I'm always here. :) You have a new computer now so you really don't have a  good excuse not to.... Mój student jest tutaj. JA muszę udawać się!


My favorite color is red, what's yours,
Amanda

And if you were wondering, this email never got a response. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"