You are just my type

She wears three pairs of tights in the winter.
I think it's brilliant.
She's 8 inches shorter than me, and when people see us walk on campus together, I think they think.. well I don't know what they think.
When I tell her I want to quit grad school, she compares it to child birth and tells me it's too late and it's almost over.
When I dance, she laughs at me. When we tell each other secrets, I smile because I'm awkward and she understands that about me. And she smiles too.
When we get bored, we take pictures with her new camera. We take turns taking pictures. We take turns "posing". We take turns convincing ourselves we're not vain, just artistic.
She tries to hook me up with her friends. Friends with beards that I've never met and will probably never meet. We look at their profiles on facebook.
She tells me about the guy she is seeing and her eyes light up when she talks about his letters. I remember that feeling, too, and I'm happy that she's happy. 
I tell her that I want to be a hipster and she tells me I have potential. Then she makes fun of hipsters. I get confused about what a hipster is. But I think I still want to be one.
I want to wear three pairs of tights, too.

 
I like this picture a lot.. but just now realized that it says: You're just NOT my type". Pretend that word is not there, please. 

Comments

  1. Awwwwww. You're MY type. You hipster.

    Is that notecard by TokyoMilk?

    I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game