Winter Funk

I told KG that I was feeling funky.. and not the kind of in-the-corner-by-the-pool-table-dancing-to-funk-music-in-Carey's kind of funky.. more like the something-bad-is-going-to-happen-or-is-happening-but-i-can't-decide kind of funky. She told me it was normal. And Santa's a freak.

K
:
what's that funky mood about?
me: i do not know.. just funky
i think I have SAD or something..
11:32 PM K:
if you don't hate yourself in winter, you're not normal
11:33 PM me: ok thats good news
K: winter sucks
it's too cold.
and we can barely walk
or see out our windows
11:34 PM and narnia doesn't suck because it's warm...you know?
me: but Santa seems pretty happy
whats his secret, i wonder
K: okay...it's like this...
11:35 PM when i was a little girl, my mom was really homesick...
and sometimes she'd cry in the kitchen
but whenever i came in, she'd ask me if i wanted hot chocolate or something
because it was her job to seem okay around me...or at least she felt.
11:36 PM same with santa
oh...and santa is actually not real.
i can't believe that is not the first thing that popped into my mind

KG never fails at helping me feel better.. about bratty students or research methods or feeling funky.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"