National Letter Writing Week!

Did you hear? January 8-14 is National Letter Writing Week. I love written words, especially when those words are personal like "you" and "me", written in pen, and folded in an envelope that's addressed to me. Yeah, I'm a big fan of letter receiving. I suppose I like the writing, too. When I get letters in the mail, I keep them. All of them. I have them saved, folded as they were, and placed in a little, corny wooden chest that my grandpa Donny bought me from a Good Will. He was so proud.

In honor of letter writing, a dying (but still kicking) art, I'm going to try to write more letters. Or you know, at least one.

Like my buddy Neil Young says:

"One of these days,
I'm gonna sit down
and write a long letter
To all the good friends I've known
And I'm gonna try
And thank them all
for the good times together.
Though so apart we've grown."



Oh, Words... my love language.

Comments

  1. I want to write you a letter - I always forget... except that once on that piece of an envelope. It's on my list of things to do....love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"