Dear Diary,

Whoa baby, what a weekend... It was intense and I'm sorting it all out by way of blogging.

Friday started out at 7:30 am on a three hour car ride with 5 sleepy coffee drinkers and very little leg room. We sat knee to knee and occasionally had to pull over to scrape the insides of the windows with our USD student ID's. When we arrived, I had the same taste in my mouth and tightness in my chest. I wore the same black dress. I thought, "I'm too young to have a dress for occasions like this". When I stood, I had friends standing by, and that felt familiar too. I was glad. It was what it was, and after a few tears, several hugs and a buffet of reception food, we crammed back into the two-door car and headed back to Verm. The windows were less foggy and so was I. TB met us at Pros, and we toasted Pop-a Wheela and got the party started.

The Strollers show was "balla" and I was so so proud of my little legacy. It reminded me of that scene from Dirty Dancing at the end when Baby is dancing with Johnny Castle and Baby's mother turns to her father and says, "I think she gets it from me". Homegirl can dance! Then TB and I pounded rootbeer schnaps (so hardcore, I know).. from there the night involved "shots! shots! shots! shots!". I tried to mingle and ended up cornered in the vid-lot section where I bumped into one of my students and ran my fingers through his hair. Awkward. Then we hit the Char where I danced without getting spanked (at least not by a stranger). I made a new friend and together we rearranged a church sign, and then he listened to me drunkenly describe my life in the past 18 months. Poor guy.

Saturday involved a lot of sleeping, getting up, eating, sleeping some more, eating, and then round two. CC came to town and we had margs at Viejo (CK hates when we call them that), boxed wine at home, and who knows what else at Carey's. My Theta's came out with first place and good memories came back to me. Then the Char and an after bar. I drove my friends home at 4am and then stopped and picked up the freshmen versions of us and drove them back to the dorms. How's that for reflective?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"