You get me

Let's say I had to make a list of 10 people in this world that I think really "get me".. I mean really get me.. not that they're just like me.. not that they always know what I'm thinking or agree with me.. but they just seem to understand who I am and where I'm coming from.  The way that art or words or music affects me, affects them. A look or a facial expression between us prompts a burst of laughter or a silent understanding.. I've found this "get me" factor is both rare and random.

Some of these connections have been severed by death and some by oceans. Some I see every night as  I say to her "See you in the effing morning" and some I haven't seen since July during the fireworks when he walked past me and I tried to catch him to say "hello, my how things have changed." Some of these people keep in touch and some whose touch I miss. Some will notice my messed up pronouns. Some won't. Some will read this and know that I am talking about them. Some won't read it. Some won't know.

My Grandpa Don says that I am in La-La Land. There are a few people in this world that I think go to La-La land too. You know who you are.

Or do you?

Comments

  1. Manda, you have inspired me.....I find you so incredible!
    ~Maren~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"