A nerdy documentary thing

An excerpt from Greta Schiller's documentary "Paris Was A Woman" (DVD, 2004) about famous lesbian writer Natalie Barney and her friends Renee Vivien, Romaine Brooks, Gabrielle Sidonie Colette, etc.

We watched this film in my Women Writers of the Left Bank class. It's wonderful. I gave a presentation about Natalie Barney in class and re-discovered this clip... I'm currently immersed in expatriate women writers, specifically Gertrude Stein and Janet Flanner as they are the topic of my final paper for the class.  Although I'm not too fond of this paper, I have loved learning about the expatriate community. It reminds me of my favorite expatriate, EH, my good friend who is living and studying in Paris this year. Her blog is my insight into Paris today.


Comments

  1. Thanks for posting about this film! Just wanted to note that it is available on DVD at http://zeitgeistfilms.com/videocatalog/product_info.php?products_id=68 as well as on demand at Amazon.com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"